Subject: Re: [dita] Scoped Keyspace Construction Rough Proof-of-Concept

Note that the DITA for Publishers project provides a general Java map
processing library that might be a more complete base for this type of
processing since it abstracts the map processing and has some built-in
features for working with keys.

On 4/23/13 9:24 PM, "Chris Nitchie" <chris.nitchie@oberontech.com> wrote:

> As a sanity check, I've written a very (very) (very) rough proof-of-concept
> application that parses a map and compiles the key scopes it contains, then
> displays the keys defined in those scopes.. I've run all of the examples
> through it from the proposal through it, plus the TractorX example, plus
> Eliot's cross-publication linking proof-of-concept, and gotten out
> more-or-less the right thing (though Eliot's example, with its circular
> references from 'a' to 'b' and vice-versa, yielded bigger key spaces than I
> was expecting, I don't think it's wrong).
>
> I'm encouraged because while it's rough and simplistic, it's also, I think,
> logically complete according to the rules outlined in the proposal, and the
> real workhorse class that does the loading and organizing of the scopes
> themselves, in KeyScope.java, came in at around 200 lines of code when you
> discount comments, whitespace, and imports. Any real production implementation
> will be much larger and more complex, but as a rough proof of concept, it was
> pretty easy to put together. I probably spent more time gathering and
> executing the test cases than writing the actual code.
>
> It's written in Java, reads the maps with basic DOM API calls, and is built
> with Apache Maven.
>
> For those who are curious, I've posted it up on GitHub, here:
>
> https://github.com/ctnitchie/Dita-13-ScopedKeyspacePOC
>
> That main page displays the readme file, which contains the output for all of
> the test maps.
>
> The main class that contains the keyspace-construction logic is here:
>
> https://github.com/ctnitchie/Dita-13-ScopedKeyspacePOC/blob/master/src/main/ja
> va/com/tractorx/dita/keyspace/KeyScope.java
>
> And the test maps are here:
>
> https://github.com/ctnitchie/Dita-13-ScopedKeyspacePOC/tree/master/src/test/re
> sources
>
> Chris
> Chris Nitchie
> Oberon Technologies, Inc.
> 2640 Wildwood Trail
> Saline, MI 48176
> Main: 734.666.0400
> Direct: 734.330.2978
> Email: chris.nitchie@oberontech.com
> www.oberontech.com <http://www.oberontech.com/>

Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions
Main: 512.554.9368
www.rsicms.com
www.rsuitecms.com
Book: DITA For Practitioners, from XML Press,
http://xmlpress.net/publications/dita/practitioners-1/