Subject: Re: [dita] WEK Stage 3 Proposals in Kavi

Hi Eliot (and others),

I just wanted to comment on the meeting-minute links in the stage 3
proposals. We've added those to the template for a couple of reasons:
1. It helps reviewers (and reminds the stage 3 author) to find any "must
address" notes the TC made when passing at stage 2. For example, my latest
stage 2 proposal was approved, but with a note that the stage 3 proposal
must address processing order implications.
2. It helps specification editors do the same when integrating the content
- this was a lesson learned coming out of DITA 1.2, where both Kris and I
spent a total of many hours trying to find the right link to the right
meeting where a proposal was approved.

Stage 3 reviews should be double checking those minutes - otherwise it's
not really possible to know if something was skipped (again, this happened
with several DITA 1.2 items - just see the trouble Michael has uncovered
with his domain/structural specialization work). I think this is probably a
good time to revive our earlier discussions about a consolidated set of
minutes -- that is one thing which could make life much easier on
everybody, if the same link can be used to find all minutes from 2012, or
something similar.

Thanks -

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development