Subject: Re: [dita] Previous discussion of/decision on generic date/time markup?

I recall a topic on recommending the use of ISO conventions for textual markup in lieu of datatyped enforcement. Darned if I can find it now. However, our early documentation for date-dependent attributes seems to rely on that presumed convention. For example, see the attribute descriptions for @modified, @golive, and @expiry in the <revised> element from the 1.0 spec:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.0/langspec/revised.html

The closest to any domain that might be worth using as a model would be the bookchangehistory element's content (ie, <reviewed> or <approved>):
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.1/OS/langspec/langref/bookchangehistory.html

In general, the bookmeta designs for structured data tend to be over-prescriptive for authoring in a regular XML editor that lacks form-based affordances for such constructs. On the other hand, the template-based or guideline-based input from 1.0 days was not always localization friendly or verifiable. Fun.

I'm not sure if these were the same background you recall.
--
Don