Subject: Re: [dita] Missing (or extra) attribute on <searchtitle>

While the spec does mention presentation as a particular use case, it also starts off by saying that outputclass is a role. You probably anticipated that I'd prefer retaining this more general sense of potential use. Although its lack of definition would have been made known by now had anyone actually tried to treat this instance as a role, I'd hesitate using that argument to elide every such unused case in the spec. I won't lay down in the road over removing it, but I think the spirit of the definition is better served by treating this as a bug fix for the DTD/XSD.
--
Don