Subject: More attribute discrepancies - conref attributes on map

I've actually gone through quite a few of these tables, and have found fewer issues than I expected, but I've run into a small group today that require input.

According to the specification, we define @conref on the map element. It's been there from 1.0, even if it's not used very often:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/os/spec/langref/map.html

In 1.2 nearly every element that uses conref was updated to use the new conref group of attributes: conref, conrefend, conaction, conkeyref. This was done for <map> as well, in both the DTD and the XSD. @conrefend doesn't make sense on map, but the full group is used for consistency.

Getting repetitive here, but the specification is officially canonical. In this case, given that the attributes were added to both DTD and XSD, and that having them simplifies both the definition and the spec, I think I'd suggest "fixing" the spec to reference the full group.

Thanks,

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit (http://dita-ot.sourceforge.net/)