Subject: Re: [dita] Clarification about note/@type update for troubleshooting

Hi Robert,

My understanding is, that in ANSI Z535 and ISO 3864, the only hazard labels are caution, danger, notice, and warning. It seems like these four values should be the only ones included in the hazardstatement type attribute enumeration. But, I suppose that's academic at this point.

If there was a specific desire to have the hazardstatement type enumeration match the note type enumeration, then we ought to add "trouble" to the hazardstatement type enumeration even though it's semantically dubious. It pains me to say this because if I were to document the usage for hazardstatement/@type="trouble", I would say do not use it.

Best Regards,
Bob Thomas