Subject: Spec bug in inheritance section for lcLom

Hi,

Going thru more spec review, I noticed that the inheritance section for the Learning element lcLom claims it is specialized from <data>:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/os/spec/langref/lcLom.html

In fact, as implemented, the element is specialized from <metadata>. This is a bug in the spec -- metadata is the proper ancestor element here, so it is implemented correctly. But, given that this is a change in the (officially correct) specification, I needed to let the TC know about the change before implementing it. Unless the TC objects, I'm planning to update the spec to reflect the proper ancestry (updating the implementation would erroneously cause lcLom to show up as legal nearly everywhere, and would break any existing use of the element).

Thanks -

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit (http://dita-ot.sourceforge.net/)