Subject: Errors in spec topic for lomTechRequirement element

This topic has a couple of errors in the attribute table:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/os/spec/langref/lomTechRequirement.html

According to the spec topic, there is an erroneous default value for @name of "Operating system | Browser". In both the DTD and XSD (as with every other Learning element in this domain), the default value for @name in our DTD/XSD is the name of the element: "lomTechRequirement".

For @value, the default value actually matches in the DTD, XSD, and specification -- all list the available values as:
(pc-dos | ms-windows | macos | unix | multi-os | none | any | netscapecommunicator | ms-internetexplorer | opera | amaya | -dita-use-conref-target)

I'm not sure of the proper resolution here. We should correct the "default" of @name to lomTechRequirement. The current "default" for @name, I think, really implies a better description of @value - something along the lines of "This attribute describes a required operating system or browser."

First question is - would that be a better description for @value?

Second question - should we be hard coding a list of existing applications in the specification, or should it allow for other new / unknown applications (making the attribute into a free-form CDATA field)?

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit (http://dita-ot.sourceforge.net/)