Subject: Re: [dita] Collection of questions about branch filtering

My quick opinions, for the record (a lot of these comments are mine):

1. Yes, remove @keyref and @conkeyref from <ditavalref>. A construct
cannot both control the contents of key spaces and reference keys. This is
the same case against mapref/@keyref contributing to key spaces.
2a: Yes, for ditavalref with renaming rules and no @href, renaming rules
should apply to the unfiltered branch, even when it¹s the only ditavalref.
(I question a bit whether this is a realistic edge-case.)
2b: Yes, ditavalref with no href results in an unfiltered copy of the
branch.
3. I suggest mandating an Œonion¹ approach, outer to inner, that is,
parentPrefix-childPrefix-name-childSuffix-parentSuffix.
4. Yes, dump @lockmeta on <ditavalmeta>.
5. Renaming should apply to local local only, but all formats, to avoid
breaking references to the renamed files, even though they are identical.
6. If directory paths are valid in copy-to, they should be valid in
prefixes. However, since suffixes are applied before the extension,
directory paths should be prohibited there.
7. I agree that resource prefixes and suffixes should apply to both @href
and @copy-to.

Chris

Chris Nitchie