Subject: Re: [dita] Question about domains attribute

Ah, of course. That said - I didn't think that the base topic or map had domain tokens? They do not appear in the DITA 1.3 document types (I'm looking at base topic and base map, which use the fewest domains). So if I want a new shell for base map -- what value is legal or required for @domains in DITA 1.* on the <map> element, when using no specializaations of any kind, and using no constraints?

For the case that was causing me trouble - the structural specialization and shell DTD were created back in the days of DITA 1.1, so we did not have a structural domain token. I can create that token now and bypass the error. Still, it's not an absolute requirement - as you say, it's strongly urged, but not a MUST for exactly this reason - I believe my shell DTD was valid in DITA 1.1, and should remain valid in 1.2 and 1.3.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit (http://dita-ot.sourceforge.net/)