Subject: RE: [dita] Status - DITA MIME type

Seems like the sensible option would be to mention it in the specification only if it has become fact.

mag

From: dita@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:dita@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Robert D Anderson
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2014 10:26 AM
To: Hudson, Scott
Cc: John Hunt; OASIS DITA TC List

I don't have any problem with registering this, but I do want to point out one thing.

The topic in DITA 1.2 essentially tells readers - "We are actively at work on this item, so you can make use of it now." That effort was abandoned, then forgotten, so the topic to me becomes an example of why you should not fill a standard with planned future activities.

If somebody on the TC is really committed to pushing this - and to coming under Kris's microscope at TC meetings - then I think we can update the topic and include it. Without that, I don't yet see anything that makes registration more likely now than it was when we had an active DITA for the Web Subcommittee.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit (http://dita-ot.sourceforge.net/)

Inactive hide details for "Hudson, Scott" ---10/24/2014 11:58:42---I would be in favor of registering it and including it in 1."Hudson, Scott" ---10/24/2014 11:58:42---I would be in favor of registering it and including it in 1.3. Thanks and best regards,