Subject: Review #2 comments: DITAVAL elements

Referring another comment to the TC for discussion:

Topic = DITAVAL elements
DITAweb URL: http://ditaweb.com/oasis-dita/#/00074601-DA$00074098-DB$DITAVAL elements

Prose in question:

Notes on ditaval messages
Conditional processing code should provide a report of any attribute values encountered in content that do not have an explicit action associated with them.

Comments:
  • Eliot Kimber: "I think this needs to clarify that specifying an attribute with no value constitutes an explicit action. Currently the OT will report attribute values that are defaulted to exclude via prop elements. It should not."
  • Robert Anderson: "I'm finding this whole sentence somewhat questionable. I'm not sure the spec should be forcing applications to do this. Referring to TC for thoughts."

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)