Subject: Re: [dita] Error in 1.2 / 1.3 key processing topic for link text

I see that @keyref is allowed on <indexterm> (never occurred to me that it
actually is allowed).

Since we allow <ph> within <indexterm> in DITA 1.3, the use case of
getting the index term text via keyref is provided for. So it's hard to
see using @keyref for complete index terms would have much value. It would
certainly be an open question as to what the processing effect would be in
the case where the keydef for a key used by <indexterm> pointed to a
topic: what could that possibly mean (since an index entry is already
implicitly a link to the point in the document where the index term
occurs).

—————
Eliot Kimber, Owner
Contrext, LLC