Subject: Re: [dita] Error in 1.2 / 1.3 key processing topic for link text

> Since we allow <ph> within <indexterm> in DITA 1.3, the use case of
> getting the index term text via keyref is provided for.

True - though (it pains me to acknowledge that) this means you can pull text into a phrase within an indexterm, but you can't use @keyref to pull in a term with secondary or tertiary entries. For example, in the key definition for "example":

If somebody uses this:
<indexterm keyref="example"/>

I'd bet that they expect the full primary/secondary entry to be pulled in.

But, that said - if nobody has noticed noticed this before, it's probably not compelling enough for us to add a new rule at this point. You can still use conref or conkeyref for this case, if needed.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit (http://www.dita-ot.org/)