Subject: Definition of "root map"

"Root map" is one of the terms that we use frequently in the draft 1.3 spec, but the term is never formally defined. I think we need a formal definition. This became very clear to me recently when I encountered someone using the term "output scope" to mean what we call "root map".

Here's a strawperson definition to get us started:

root map
The DITA map that is provided as input for a processor

Basically, we are talking about "the entry point for DITA map-based processing" -- Thanks to Chris Nitchie for that term.

Eliot, I know you'll have thoughts about this.

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)