Subject: Re: [dita] Cascading of <source> and <othermeta> in maps

It makes sense to me that <source> would *not* cascade as its purpose is
to indicate the source of the resource referenced by the topicref and
doesn't inherently imply the source of any descendant topicrefs.

Likewise, I've always equated <othermeta> to <data> and agree that they
should have the same cascading behavior.

With the new @cascade element a map author could turn on cascading of
either element if they wanted it.

Cheers,

Eliot