Subject: Re: [dita] Cascading of <source> and <othermeta> in maps

Hi Eliot,

I hesitate to respond to agreement, but I just want to clarify:
> With the new @cascade element a map author could turn on cascading of
> either element if they wanted it.

The @cascade attribute is defined as only dealing with attributes. It's specifically intended to handle the merging or not merging of attribute values; it does turn cascading itself off even for attributes.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit (http://www.dita-ot.org/)