Subject: Re: [dita] Question from keys review: addressing non-topicref elements in a map

<quote>
Currently you can reference that with:
keyref="chapter1"
href="#confused"

If we remove the "non-topicref" elements, it would then state that 'for references to elements within maps, the value of @keyref is a key name plus slash plus element ID', which I think is incorrect here -- because you just use the key name to reference this topicref.
</quote>

No, you don't. You use the key name to reference the content referenced by and/or text provided by that topicref, not the topicref itself. To reference the topicref, you must specify its ID, either in a keyref or URI-based reference.

As for what happens when you keyref to a topicref, the answer is, whatever happens when you use a URI-based reference to a topicref in that context.

Best,

Chris

> On May 7, 2015, at 12:56 PM, Robert D Anderson <robander@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> Currently you can reference that with:
> keyref="chapter1"
> href="#confused"
>
> If we remove the "non-topicref" elements, it would then state that 'for references to elements within maps, the value of @keyref is a key name plus slash plus element ID', which I think is incorrect here -- because you just use the key name to reference this topicref.

GIF image