Subject: RE: Troubleshooting Topic Nesting Rules: XSD Is A Problem

Hi,

I have figured out a slightly easier solution for the troubleshooting issue without having to resort to an intermediate file design. As a precedent, I'm using the same solution that is used in the ditabase.xsd shell document.  The solution is to remove troubleshooting element from the troubleshooting-info-type group model and add  the task element to the info-types model.  That way, we don't need to have a new intermediate file to accomplish the same magic. ;)

Here is the pertinent snippet of code, if interested.  If SVN allows me to check-in the content, I will do so. Otherwise, I will send the files to Eliot for check-in.

<!-- Remove task-info-types from the group so we don't have collidng task elements -->
   <xs:redefine schemaLocation="strictTaskbodyConstraintMod.xsd">
      <xs:group name="task-info-types">
         <xs:choice>
            <xs:group ref="info-types"/>
         </xs:choice>
      </xs:group>
   </xs:redefine>
   <!-- Remove troubleshooting element from the group since we prefer task as the embedable topic type-->
   <xs:redefine schemaLocation="./troubleshootingMod.xsd">
      <xs:group name="troubleshooting-info-types">
         <xs:choice>
            <xs:group ref="info-types"/>
         </xs:choice>
      </xs:group>
   </xs:redefine>
   <!--  ================ INFO-TYPES DEFINITION =====================  -->
   <xs:group name="info-types">
      <xs:annotation>
         <xs:documentation>
            This group is referenced in all topic modules but not defined there.
            It must be declared in topic-type shells.
         </xs:documentation>
      </xs:annotation>
      <xs:sequence>
         <xs:group  ref="task" />
      </xs:sequence>
   </xs:group>

Éric Sirois
DITA Toolsmith​

IXIASOFT
825 Querbes, Suite 200, Montréal, Québec, Canada, H2V 3X1
tel  + 1 514 279-4942  /  toll free + 1 877 279-4942
eric.sirois@ixiasoft.com / www.ixiasoft.com