Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 4 August 2015 uploaded

Submitter's message
wrt today's ballot discussion: in Dec 2010, OASIS corporate membership was 325; current membership, by my count, is ~330, but with a lot of churn between then and now.

Also, the following links may be useful as part of the ballot campaign:
- List of OASIS corporate member representatives (some companies have multiple reps, but list appears fairly up-to-date)
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=voting
- record of DITA 1.2 final ballot, with company name/voting rep. for each vote
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=1968

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 4 August 2015
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas

Regrets: Scott Hudson, Joann Hackos

Standing Business
=================
Approve minutes from previous business meetings:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201507/msg00161.html
(Nancy Harrison, 31 July 2015)
[no link was available at TC meeting time; hold till next week]

Subcommittee Reports
none

Announcements
None

Business
========
1. Action items Action items from 21 July 2015
Stan: Drive resolution of dita-comment item about ux-priority (Completed)
Action items from 28 July 2015
[no action today]

2. Continuing item: Closing inactive subcommittees
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201507/msg00058.html (Eberlein, 11 July 2015)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201507/msg00146.html (Eberlein to Ensign, 28 July 2015)
[On hold until we hear back from Chet Ensign about OASIS Open Source projects]

3. Comments received during the public review, 9 July - 7 August
Public review #1 comments
Link to change log: http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/dita/spec/dita-1.3-change-log.xlsx
Kris; no more comments were received during the last week; as long as we don't get a bunch of them in the next few days, it's now time to focus on "what do we need to do to approve DITA 1.3?"

4. Calendar for critical dates to enable DITA 1.3 to be released in 2015
Schedule: July - December 2015
[no action today]

5. Continuing item: Things we can do during the forthcoming public review
Wiki page for work items
Robert; comment period ends soon; it's been pretty slow
Don; what about testimonials, statements of use?
Kris; we'll discuss those at next week's call. I think we already have 3, but more are always welcome.

6. Continuing item: dita.xml.org
Continue discussion from 21 and 28 July 2015
Information about activity on ALL OASIS focus areas
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201507/msg00119.html (Eberlein, 24 July 2015)
More history about dita.xml.org
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201507/msg00120.html (Eberlein, 24 July 2015)
Excerpts from DITA TC minutes re dita.xml.org, 2014-2015
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201507/msg00148.html (Eberlein, 28 July 2015)
[no action today]

7. Campaigning for the DITA 1.3 vote: List of OASIS reps who will vote to approve DITA 1.3
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=voting
Kris; OASIS has had a big boost in voting members; there are now many more than there were in 2010 (DITA 1.2 timeframe). Since approval requires 'yes' votes from at least 15% of total corporate members, we'll need to get more people voting than we did last time.
Robert; the DITA TC represents only 1% of OASIS membership; last time (1.2), we exceeded boundary significantly, but only through lots of campaigning. Since then, OASIS has been joined by lots of new companies because of its security standards, and many of them know nothing about DITA.
Kris; if we look at the OASIS website, it's kind of confusing; in many cases a company will list more than one voting representative. If we can look at spreadsheet of actual company members, with their associated voting reps, it might be a bit smaller.
Tom; what is the campaign plan?
Kris; we need to break it down on a company basis; who do people know? who will they contact? if we don't have a contact, figure one out.
Robert; voting doesn't start till Nov., but we need to start working on it now. We need to build our own spreadsheet, and contact the actual reps, even though they may not know DITA.
Don; folks need to sign up for voting members and start now contacting them.
Robert; part of it is making sure they will vote, even during holiday vacation time, which is when the final vote will be.
Nancy; what about more than one TC member contacting?
Don; better to keep it to one each, once early, another a reminder near voting time, and a final reminder during voting period if they haven't yet voted.
Robert; if your first contact is today, put in another contact before voting period, to check in., then a reminder towards the end of the voting period.
Kris; there are a bunch of companies we don't know people at; we need to reach out to their people.
Tom; who will be maintaining our list of who's voting for whom?
Don; since docs are as visible as a wiki; what about a table on a wiki page?
Kris; we could do that...
Robert; tables in the wiki are a pain...
Don; alternatively, could we have a list; company, who's responsible, status (contacted?, voted?)
Robert; or 'status' could be 'no one knows how to contact them'
Don; I'd go with list with sample structure..
Kris; reminder: for DITA 1.2, we had the highest number of votes that any TC had ever gotten. it was a nice bar to reach.
Nancy; we should definitely go to companies that voted last time and remind them of that, they're more likely to re-up.
Don; we should look at who might be in a company that might have a possible connection to DITA, i.e. DB companies for structured data.
Kris; can we make sure this gets registered for Adoption TC?
Don; why not us?
Kris; given the point you raise, we want to find out if Adoption TC members will be on call to help identify companies that might be related?
Don; request formulation?
Kris; ask Adoption TC to help us identify companies to approach about DITA vote.
what companies do we need to consider?
Don; where is list of who voted last time?
Robert; somewhere in OASIS archives. ballot document.
Kris; this will be bulk of our agenda between now and the final vote. We need
- link to OASIS voting representative list,
- list of yes votes from last time.
Don; great suggestion from Tom; find your clients from OASIS company member list for you to work with.
Kris; I second that. For lots of folks on our own TC member list, I don't recognize their names.
Keith; I'll match this with my list from Ditawriters site.
Kris; that would be great
Keith; question of not only membership list, but OASIS list. for TC list, many names are out of date

closed at 11:47

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 4 August 2015

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison