Subject: Types of links

A brief distraction while we await The Vote.

I've never been entirely happy about how I characterize topicrefs when I'm teaching people about link types. I'm happy with "navigational" links (related, xref, et al) and "transclusional" links (image, conref), but not so much with "structural", as I've called topicrefs. A colleague just suggested "compositional", which sounds better right this minute, but that might be only because it's a new name to consider, and because of the neat "...ional" naming parallelism.

Do you have another word for them?

Or do you consider topicrefs to be in the same category as conref and image links? And in that case, what do you call that category? Transclusional doesn't seem right.

mag