Subject: Fwd: [chairs] 2016 Event Plans for your TC

Thanks for Tom M for thinking of this -- Note that OASIS will publicize presentations that TC members give about DITA (the standard).

Also, I wonder if we should investigate the possibility of doing an interop event, perhaps in Germany at tcworld. I think a live demonstration of interoperation between vendors there (oXygen, IXIASOFT, Fischer TIM ...) might go a long way to demonstrating DITA specialization and generalization mechanisms.

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [chairs] 2016 Event Plans for your TC
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 10:55:26 -0500
From: Jane Harnad <jane.harnad@oasis-open.org>
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org

Dear OASIS TC Chairs,

Happy New Year!  We hope 2016 brings much happiness and success.

As we enter 2016, we’ll be making our rounds to all the Technical Committees (TCs).  It is our hope to include your TC activities into our master schedule, so we can better provide all our members with the visibility they deserve.  While discussing your 2016 plans with your TC, you may want to consider a few of the following OASIS-supported activities:

·         Interops, including demonstrations, showcases, and plugfests.  Usually held at an industry conference or trade show, these events provide high visibility, low cost opportunities for members to demonstrate their standards-compliant products, interoperate with others, and connect with prospective customers, press, and the community at large.  More details.  OASIS Interop policy.

·         Pre-OS webinars.  These webinars are designed to provide our TCs with a platform to explain the basics about their specifications to people who might not be familiar with this area of technology. Webinar goals are to achieve the approval threshold faster, reach a higher OS vote total and help elevate awareness of the work.  More information & past webinars.

·         TC-related presentation promotion at industry conferences. OASIS works to promote presentations concerning the activities of the Consortium and its TCs. If a representative from your TC is speaking at a public conference--and the presentation focuses on any OASIS Standards or TC specifications, we will be happy to post information on the OASIS event calendar and in OASIS News. After the conference, your presentation may also be posted on the OASIS website.  Submission form.

·         WateringHole video conversations.  WateringHoles are live video conversations featuring 2-3 experts sharing insights and/or debate issues on topics that matter. Topic suggestions are always welcome.  The conversations are hosted as Google+ hangouts and recorded on YouTube. People can tune in live, but most watch after the fact.  View more information & past videos.

·         and/or TC-hosted workshops and conferences.  If the TC should decide to hold a workshop and/or conference to increase awareness of the work and/or participation in Consortium activities, OASIS staff may be available to support such an initiative.  If interested in pursuing such an activity, please contact events@oasis-open.org – to discuss in more detail.

As a reminder, we are happy to help coordinate any event effort, so please keep us informed whenever the TC discusses their plans.  All TCs are strongly encouraged to discuss their plans early in the year. I am available to attend a TC call to help facilitate that discussion, so please let me know if that would be appropriate.

We hope you will consider planning in advance to help us facilitate collaboration, not only for your TC, but between TCs.  As always, we thank you for your continued support and look forward to working on your event plans for 2016.

Kind Regards, Jane

Jane Harnad

OASIS

Manager of Events