Subject: Re: [dita] Sound bite for the OASIS press release

I've been watching the discussion which has been trying to evolve this original paragraph. I thought I would offer instead the nuggets that represent the DITA I have grown up with, in case any of these should be considered for integration in Kris's probably ready-to-go spiel:

* the three Reuse domains: of Design (specialization), of Processing (fall-through match patterns), and of Content (conref) (gratis Michael Priestley's original list of talking points pre-OASIS)
* helps define and manage content business rules and best practices for varied types of information
* a proven track record of reliable use with demonstrated value to many
* a thriving ecosystem of users (3000+ on dita-users alone) and user-oriented events, vendors with a range of offerings, and thought leaders and consultants who provide a wealth of both free and contractual assistance
* designs and commensurate investment can be scaled from simple to complex content requirements (working the message of the 3 editions)
* a body of practical, how-to knowledge and lore across forums, publications, presentations, books, and more.
* amenable to emerging web publishing practice including responsive and adaptive delivery scenarios.
* not limited to either book-only or page-only usage
* both authoring and programming skills are in ready supply among job candidates
* developed and maintained by a charming community of advisers and advocates :-)
--
Don