Subject: RE: [dita] Topics for discussion on dita.xml.org

A couple of thoughts I had:

1. I haven't really followed the planning of the new site, but I assume that links to (off-site) existing good stuff will be a feature. That seems necessary for making dita.xml.org the #1 destination for DITA info. In that case, link review and maintenance should be a task deliberately and regularly undertaken (by the Adoption TC?). Otherwise things will certainly get stale.

2. People out there who have good stuff should be invited to contribute it to dita.xml.org, but in many situations that will be impossible or undesirable. In those cases, it'd be nice if the folks could be persuaded to write a short synopsis of the material, so that the synopsis could be posted on dita.xml.org along with a link to the owner's own hosting of the material. I'm thinking "abstract" or "short description" kinda short here.

mag

From: dita@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:dita@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Kristen James Eberlein
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 6:38 AM
To: DITA TC
Subject: [dita] Topics for discussion on dita.xml.org

As DITA thought leaders, I think we need to put some time and energy in devising lists of topics for discussion on the new dita.xml.org site. We'll have the opportunity to steer discussion in fruitful directions (and also perhaps head off discussions that we know will be less useful.)

So ... Start thinking about the following:

  1. What are the sort of discussions that we want to foster on the site?
  2. What sort of discussions shall we seed the site with in order to get it moving in the right direction?
  3. What are things that people SHOULD be thinking and talking about, DITA-wise?

Let's start brainstorming today!

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)