Subject: Re: [dita] DITA 2.0 planning: What deprecated elements need to be removed?

A related question is should we move less-used domains to separate
specifications? For example, the XNAL domain is probably used by somebody
but I've definitely never used it.

It might be useful to try to establish a precedent of having
special-purpose domains and structural types defined in their own
specifications. That would serve to reduce the size of the base DITA
specification while keeping the vocabulary as OASIS standards. It would
also set a precedent for more modularity in the way that DITA-based
standard vocabularies are defined.

----
Eliot Kimber, Owner
Contrext, LLC