Subject: <object> and HTML5

On 11/3/2016 3:32 PM, Amber Swope wrote:

<Snipped>

One of my clients is going to render HTML5 output from their DITA topics and is concerned about the changes in <object> support in HTML5.  Specifically, many of the attributes that are supported in earlier versions and that are supported in the DITA <object> element are not supported in HTML5. See http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_object.asp for the source of the information they are using.

Are there recommendations for using <object> that we should follow? Should we change the support in DITA 2.0?

Many thanks, Amber

DS_signature

My unique ability is to create opportunity for others.