Subject: Lists in hazard statements

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but I am wondering if there
is a specific reason that the only list type allowed in <howtoavoid> is
<sl>. By definition, the <sl> element says it "contains a simple list of
items of short, phrase-like content² and that there is an "assumption that
each item is short enough to fit on one line, and needs no additional
differentiation from its neighbors.² However, there is often more than one
way to avoid a hazard and discussion of each way is frequently more than a
short phrase and may in fact require several lines.

I often have clients who want to disallow <sl> overall in their model, but
who are forced to keep it solely for the purpose of their hazard
statements.

Would it be appropriate in 2.0 to expand the elements allowed in
forthcoming recommendations regarding the hazard statement?

Thanks,
Dawn