Subject: Work ahead for the DITA TC re Lightweight DITA

I hope that folks have noticed that Carlos has uploaded the following items for TC attention:

  • Draft of the "Lightweight DITA: An Introduction" committee note
  • Draft of the XDITA DTDs

It's time for the TC now to do a very serious review of these work products. I think we need to do this in two phases:

  1. Go/no go for Lightweight DITA -- Essentially, consideration parallel to the stage 2 proposals that we do for the DITA specification. Is this something that we support and want to move forward? Do any changes need to be made? Are the necessary use cases considered? Are the relevant data points from the standard stage two proposal templates covered?
    1. Review of the committee note draft as a proposal
    2. Review of the DTDs
  2. (Assuming that the proposal moves forward) Review of the committee note draft as a committee note -- a document intended for a general audience.
    1. Does it contain the correct rhetorical message about Lightweight DITA?
    2. Does it contain all the material that is needed?
    3. Is the organization solid?
    4. Et cetera

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)