Subject: Minutes for multimedia domain call, 17 August 2017

Minutes of small-group call about multimedia domain

Present: Eliot Kimber, Carlos Evia, Chris Nitchie, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Mark Giffin (joined for last 5 minutes)

We used Chris Nitchie's stage 2 proposal as the starting point for our discussion.

  1. Element names
    1. Chris outlined that he had "name-spaced" elements names, to avoid potential collisions. General agreement. Preference for hyphens
    2. Did we as a TC decide on conventions for element names moving forward? If so, we need to follow it.
  2. Discussion of <video>
    1. Leave <fallback> out of the "early preview release".
    2. Add <fallback> to <object> for DITA 2.0
  3. Discussion of <audio>
    1. Leave <fallback> out of the "early preview release".
    2. Add <fallback> to <object> for DITA 2.0
    4. There is no HTML5 @volume, so we don't need to deal with it.
  4. DITA implementations that use multimedia/people with strong interest
    1. Radu Coravu, SyncroSoft
    2. SAP?
    3. Dan Dan Ziagos at FICO presented at CMS/DITA NA about their interest in multimedia.
  5. Action items
    1. Kris: Find minutes where we discussed conventions for element names
    2. Chris: Update DTDs and proposal based on discussion; build DITA-OT plug-in
    3. Kris: Help Carlos with an update to the LwDITA committee note draft
    4. Everyone: Continue with discussion online between now and next TC meeting.
      1. How can we best move forward with the multimedia domain committee note?
      2. We have an action item from the 15 August 2017 to "assess whether the LwDITA committee note can move forward." What do folks think?

Closed at 11:58 AM ET.

    1. Decision: @xml-lang on <media-track>

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)