Subject: Re: [dita] Removing navtitle attribute

Well - this might indicate a content reuse problem because ideally this information would have been shared / referenced - but the @navtitle attribute is listed as deprecated inside the definition for @locktitle:
DITA 1.2: http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/os/spec/common/topicref-atts.html
DITA 1.3: http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/errata01/os/complete/part1-base/langRef/attributes/commonMapAttributes.html#topicref-atts__locktitle

It's quite possibly listed in other locations, but I went to those topics looking for the definition of @navtitle itself so located it quickly. The actual definition of @navtitle uses the "preferred way" language you listed below.

Regards,

Robert D. Anderson
DITA-OT lead and Co-editor DITA 1.3 specification,
Digital Services Group

E-mail: robander@us.ibm.com
Digital Services Group
11501 BURNET RD,, TX, 78758-3400, AUSTIN, USA

Inactive hide details for Debra Bissantz ---02/13/2018 02:01:37 PM---I asked our team at Vasont about removing the @navtitle atDebra Bissantz ---02/13/2018 02:01:37 PM---I asked our team at Vasont about removing the @navtitle attribute. They wanted to know exactly when

From: Debra Bissantz <dbissantz@vasont.com>
To: "dita@lists.oasis-open.org" <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 02/13/2018 02:01 PM
Subject: [dita] Removing navtitle attribute
Sent by: <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

I asked our team at Vasont about removing the @navtitle attribute. They wanted to know exactly when it was deprecated. I did not find an explicit note that the attribute was deprecated, only that the best practice changed.

“Beginning with DITA 1.2, the preferred way to specify the navigation title in a map is with the navtitle element, available inside the topicmeta element.”

Just throwing this out for what it’s worth.

Deb Bissantz
Application Engineer
Vasont Systems
A TransPerfect Company