Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 15 May 2018 uploaded

Submitter's message
ActionItem:
1. ***ActionItem: Nancy will convene a small group meeting to discuss splitting technical content from the base; group to include Kris, Bob, Bill, Scott, Dawn, and Nancy.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 15 May 2018
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:
https://wiki.OASIS-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas

Attendance:
Deb Bissantz, Bill Burns, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Nancy Harrison, Alan Houser, Scott Hudson, Eliot Kimber, Tom Magliery, Chris Nitchie, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Dawn Stevens, Bob Thomas,

Business
========
1. Roll call
Regrets: Carsten Brennecke, Carlos Evia, Maria Essig, Eric Sirois, Dick Hamilton, Robert Anderson

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
08 May 2018:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201805/msg00014.html (Magliery, 08 May 2018)
Moved by Kris, 2nded by Alan, approved by TC

3. Announcements:
New TC members: None

4. Action items
Kris: Revise subject scheme example topic pulled from errata 01
19 September 2017:
Kris and Robert: Draft response to Radu's blog post and e-mail to dita-comment (COMPLETED)
Kris and Tom: Check errata 02 package against OASIS previous request for changes (COMPLETED)
08 May 2018:
Kris: Set up call with Carlos and Robert about spec IA and sharing content between DITA 2.0 and LwDITA spec (COMPLETED; scheduled for 21 May at 11 AM ET))
Eric: Consider e-mail on dita-comment from Stefan Eike and report back to TC
Kris: Ensure that we are tracking that we need improvements in the spec coverage of ditabase (example in topic covering @href needs refinement; need clarity on how ditabase is processed when a fragment identifier is NOT present) (COMPLETED)
Kris or Robert: Open a GitHub issue to track what domains we integrate into shells for DITA 2.0 (add glossref to bookmap) (COMPLETED)

5. Learning and training SC: Report (Tentative)
[hold till Dawn and/or Amber are on call; SC mtg scheduled today]

6. DITA 1.3 Errata 02
Wiki page for DITA 1.3 Errata 02
Update:
TC admin provided list of cover page corrections on 06 February 2018
Source changes implemented:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201802/msg00036.html (Eberlein, 09 Feb 2018)
Style sheet changes needed:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201802/msg00040.html (Eberlein, 13 Feb 2018)
Updated package from Bob Thomas:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201803/msg00059.html (Tue, 20 Mar 2018)
NEW Resubmitted to OASIS on 10 May 2018:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201805/msg00017.html
Feedback from OASIS: PDF is great; XHTML has problems.
Eberlein: I've manually fixed the XHTML, but the CHM needs to be regenerated
- Kris; Bob, can you do the CHM?
- Bob; I'll see what I can do; where are the comments?
- Kris; they came directly to the TC list from Paul Knight. Problems are with cover pages; links that don't use keys weren't generated. I manually fixed in XNTML; I tried to rebuild the CHM, but didn't get good results.
- Bob; if I can't find the note, I'll get with you offline
- Kris; moving forward, we need to go back to the old processes; based on Ant script that could be built by multiple TC members, rather than an Oxygen project.

7. Proposal for a safety domain in DITA 2.0
- https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201805/msg00007.html (Jang Graat, 08 May 2018)
- https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201805/msg00008.html (Eberlein, 08 May 2018)
- https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201805/msg00009.html (Jang Graat, 08 May 2018)
- https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201805/msg00015.html (Nitchie, 09 May 2018)
- https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201805/msg00019.html (Sirois, 10 May 2018)
- https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201805/msg00020.html (Amber Swope, 10 May 2018)
- https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201805/msg00021.html (Eberlein, 10 May 2018)
- https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201805/msg00022.html (Jang Graat, 10 May 2018)
- https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201805/msg00023.html (Eberlein, 10 May 2018)
- https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201805/msg00025.html (Amber Swope, 10 May 2018)
- Kris; there was a lot of discussion on this proposal; we need to wade thru his proposal and see what parts are really needed. Are there things that hazardstatement doesn't provide? I'd like to hear from folks who have clients using this domain,
- Dawn; my clients have largely been able to make it work, and comply with whatever ANSI standards they need to work with; one of them needed to make an adjustment because they needed multiple symbols associated with a statement, but that was doable.
- Chris; I'm not an expert on the ANSI standards he references. His primary complaint is that it doesn't enforce compliance with any of the standards, but I don't find that compelling. You can make them work with those standards, and it's useful to have structures in a generic base vocabulary that allow for different kinds of hazard statements. I don't see a really strong reason to make a change.
- Scott; we used hazardstatement at Schneider Electric, and we didn't have any issues with it mapping to ANSI.
- Kris; I'd second that; my clients use it and it works fine. The question is 'what is it intended for?' We always expected that companies would need to customize it to meet their particular needs. I don't see a real need for a redesign.
- Dawn; my only issue is to put in different list types in the 'how to avoid' section. Our clients use that that section, and only simplelists are allowed there, not any other kinds.
- Kris; that's a good point; I'd support loosening the content model to support other lists.

8. Fwd: DITA 2.0: Further Thoughts
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201804/msg00101.html (Shane Taylor, forwarded by Eberlein on 28 April 2018)
Any additional discussion?
[hold for next week]

9. Review status of DITA 2.0 proposals in progress
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/projects/2
Kris went over open stage 3 and stage 2 proposals to get current status.

Stage 3 proposals:
- issue #8: Chris: Add a new vocabulary element for inclusion of external XML and text markup
Chris; almost ready for that
- issue #73; Alan: Remove "delayed conref domain" from 2.0
- Kris; when will this be ready for review, and do you have your reviewwers lined up?
- Alan; how about 3 weeks from now?
- Kris; so mid-June?
- Alan; yes, that would work, June 12 would be reasonable target.
- Kris; who are your stage 3 reviewers?
- Alan; it was you and Robert for stage 2, I'd be looking for volunteers for stage 3.
- Kris volunteered herself and Robert; target date for coming to TC is June 12.
- issue #85, Scott: allow "sup" and "sub" in several glossentry elements
- Scott; I'll try to get that back on my plate.
- Kris; do you have an estimated date, and reviewers?
- Scott; mid-June, I'll have to look for reviewers.
Bill and Nancy volunteered to be reviewers.
- issue #27, Chris, Add a multimedia domain
- Chris; I've gotten back feedback from reviewers, it's just typo-level stuff, so I can have this for next week's meeting, May 22.
- issue #15, Chris, loosen attribute specialization rules
- Chris; I don't have a date for that one yet
- Kris; what about reviewers??
- Chris; I don't have those either, I'll probably sign Eliot up {Eliot agreed to review this proposal], Kris also volunteered; phase 3 will involve robust, fine-grained editing of topics.

Stage 2 proposals:
- issue #107, Keith, add strong and em elements
- Kris; I need to ask to be replaced as reviewer for this one.
Bob volunteered, also Deb
- Kris; ETA?
- Keith, the stage 2 draft is done, it's up to the reviewers schedule, say June 12?
- Kris; OK, June 12
- issue #21, Eliot, resolve inconsistent class att for shortdesc, linktext, and searchtitle
- Eliot; I should be able to work on this over next couple of weeks, for all of mine, I'll aim to have them ready by June 12,
- Kris; reviewers? Robert was assigned
- issue #34, Eliot, Remove topicset, topicsetref element
Tom as reviewer?
- Tom; my availability depends on timing, I'll be out for STC Summit and then vacation between now and June 10.
- Eliot; I already did the work and did a pull request, but I may not have made that visible.
- Kris; we need to have it come in thru proposal template in SVN
- Eliot; I'll do that then
- issue #33, Eliot, Deprecate or remove copy-to attribute
- Kris; ETA and reviewers? Stan? can you still do that?
- Stan; yes, I can.
- Eliot; I haven't done anything on that one yet.
- issue #29 bookmap, Eric
[Eric not on call]
- issue #16, Kris, Add titlealts to maps
- Kris; I may be looking at someone to take this over from me; Chris, can you take this back?
- Chris; it might be complicated; I'd have to look at it in a month
- Kris; same for me, it's more complicated than it seems, so we should revisit it.
- issue #13, Bob, Split base and technical content
- Kris; ETA and reviewers?
- Bob; I haven;'t looked at this in awhile. Documenting it will be twice as much as what it will take to do the work. I'm not sure what to put in the stage 3 proposal; part of the problem is that I'm not even sure what it will mean to commit to look it by end of the month, and to put out questions about what might be required for stage 2.
- Kris; right, should we move this to a separate project, or what?? Now that the Techcomm SC is inactive, the responsibility for this comes back to the TC. We need to think about it, either in a small group call or on a TC call.
- Bob; I'd like a small group call.
Bill, Nancy, Scott and Dawn would like to be involved.
***ActionItem: Nancy will convene a small group meeting to discuss splitting technical content from the base; group to include Kris, Bob, Bill, Scott, Dawn, and Nancy.

- Kris; that's the stage 2 and 3 proposals; we have a bunch of potential stage 1's that don't have owners. Please look at them and think about whether you could take one on.

11:45 am ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 15 May 2018

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison