Subject: Re: [dita] DITA 2.0: Will we ship XSDs?

I would not ship XSDs.

The reason that several authoring solutions use them is not at all compelling. They are all commercial products and should be able to generate base XSDs in whatever way they see fit. It is not a task of the TC to provide XSDs that only play a role in commercial products. In fact, I would love to also ditch the DTDs, but they can be generated from the RNGs (if you have the right transformation and setup for it) and there are many open source tools relying on them.

Jang F.M. Graat
Smart Information Design
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Cell: +31 646 854 996