Subject: Fwd: DITA Adoption Would Like to Expand the DITA 1.3 Code Examples

For discussion ...

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 13:34:29 +0000
From: Keith Schengili-Roberts <keith.roberts@ixiasoft.com>
To: Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>

Hey there Kris:

One thing that a few members from DITA Adoption have expressed interest in is expanding upon the example code provided within the DITA 1.3 specification, with an aim to making the examples in general more robust for the DITA 2.0 specification. "Better code samples" is a common refrain that emerges from the DITA Listening Sessions.

What we are wondering about is the demarcation between the work done between the two groups on sample code. I know that we can take the existing DITA 1.3 code examples and expand upon them now, and call it a DITA Adoption initiative with no implicit approval from the DITA TC. But when it comes to DITA 2.0, it would be useful if we could coordinate our efforts in this area. Is this feasible from a DITA 2.0 specification perspective?

In other words, is it possible to "freeze" a version of sample code as represented within the spec, which can then continue to be worked on?

Let me know your thoughts on this idea. Cheers!

-

Keith Schengili-Roberts
Market Researcher and DITA Evangelist

IXIASOFT
825 Querbes, Suite 200, Montréal, Québec, Canada, H2V 3X1
tel  + 1 514 279-4942  /  toll free + 1 877 279-4942