Mail Index message

Subject: docbook-apps-digest Digest #446

Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: page numbers in dsssl xrefs
DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Problems with saxon, XML Catalogs, and dbnotnx.mod
DOCBOOK-APPS: Two small questions (I hope)
DOCBOOK-APPS: Announce: DocBook DSSSL Stylesheets V1.78
Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Problems with saxon, XML Catalogs,
 and dbnotnx.mod
RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Top border lacking on repeated table header	s
 with xep
RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Chunked HTML file names too long for ISO966	0
RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: image sizes
RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Two small questions (I hope)
DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Problems with saxon, XML Catalogs, and dbnotnx.mod
DOCBOOK-APPS: DocBook + MathML and/or SVG examples
RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Two small questions (I hope)
RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Two small questions (I hope)
RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Top border lacking on repeated table headers
 with xep
Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Two small questions (I hope)
Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Two small questions (I hope)
Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Two small questions (I hope)
DOCBOOK-APPS: docbook2txt and mediaobjects
Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: docbook2txt and mediaobjects

Kevin Dunn <kdunn@hsc.edu> writes:

> The problem is that the page numbers are occasionally wrong when a
> floating figure or equation is bumped to the next page. The mandrake
> documentation project solved this problem for the LOT by printing
> the page number of, for example, the title of an equation rather
> than of the equation itself.

I don't get it.  Wouldn't it be a bug if the equation title is on a
different page than the equation itself?  Or are these deliberately
multi-page equations?

> My question: how can I print the page number for the <em>title</em>
> of an equation in the en-xref-strings example above?

Hmm, I believe we can adjust where the actual anchor for the link is
placed.

Is is possible to provide a sample generic DocBook (XML or SGML, XML
preferred) document showing the problem?

--
...Adam Di Carlo...<adam@onshored.com>.......<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>

> Platform: RedHat 8.0,
> 	  IBM Java2 1.3.1
> 	  saxon 6.5
> 	  apache (Sun?) resolver 1.0
> 	  DocBook XML 4.1.2 (native to RedHat 8)
> 	  DocBook XSL 1.60.1 (from an RPM created by myself)

> When I try building my documents, I get error messages about the
> dbnotnx.mod file not being found in the document directory.

> This seems to be the same problem discussed in this email thread:
>   http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200301/threads.html#00011

[snip!]
>   <nextCatalog
>     catalog="/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.1.2-1.0-14/docbook.cat"/>

In RedHat 8.0, I must use catalog instead of docbook.cat, ie.
   <nextCatalog
     catalog="/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.1.2-1.0-14/catalog"/>

Then it worked.

In addition there is the file
	/etc/xml/catalog
which works for the DTDs, but doesn't have a <rewriteURI> for the
DocBook XSL style sheets (at least not for my RPM of 1.60.1).

Hello

First of all defining my environment:

	docbook: 4.2
	xsl stylesheets: 1.60.1
	Gnu Debian Linux (testing)
	fop 0.20.5rc2
	xsltproc: 1.0.21

First Question: When i was using docbook + dsssl, i used thumbpdf to
generate thumbnails. Is it possible to do the same with the tools I'm
using now? If not, is it possible to do with any tools available to
process docbook with xsl?

Second Question: I believe this is basic but here goes: I want to
produce weekly reports that include MRTG like graphs. I have a script
that gets the graphs and generates the "involving" docbook xml so that
they can be placed in the report. Is there a way to "include" this
"wrappers" in the main report file?

When using dsssl i used to do something like:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
          "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd"[
<!ENTITY chap1 SYSTEM "capitulo1.xml">
<!ENTITY chap2 SYSTEM "capitulo2.xml">
<!ENTITY chap3 SYSTEM "capitulo3.xml">
<!ENTITY chap4 SYSTEM "capitulo4.xml">
]>

and then i used the entities &chap1;, etc wherever i wanted them. When i
switched to xsl i was no longer able to do this! Is it possible? How?
With wich tools?

Thanks
--
        Mario Filipe
        mjnf@uevora.pt

This is a digitally signed message part

Thanks to Adam Di Carlo for all his hard work on getting this release
ready.

Changes since version 1.77 (2002-07-07)

Changes to dsssl/*

  | 2003-02-20  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* Makefile: don't distrib empty debian dir and *.orig
  |
  | 2003-02-19  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* VERSION: Version 1.78 released.
  |
  | 2002-12-16  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* .cvsignore: ignorables, esp stuff built by debian/rules
  |
  | 2002-08-08  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* Makefile: 'doc' target uses bin subdir, clean target
  | 	  additional goes into print, html, and bin
  |
  | 	* catalog: appropriate DTDDECL for dtds/html/dbhtml.dcl
  | 	  (merging in Debian changes)
  |
  | 2002-08-07  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* README.CVS: some more information in the 'Installation'
  | 	  section

Changes to dsssl/bin/*

  | 2003-01-19  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* collateindex.pl: fix from Tim Waugh for when the same
  | 	  indexterm has too different seealso's, where currently
  | 	  script produces invalid SGML/XML; fixes bug #551318
  |
  | 2002-12-16  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* .cvsignore: New file.
  |
  | 2002-08-08  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* Makefile: New file.

Changes to dsssl/common/*

  | 2003-01-15  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* dbcommon.dsl: make <section> appear correctly in the PDF
  | 	  bookmark hierarchy; also fix font size selection for section
  | 	  titles corrects sourceforge bugs 589247 and 524028; patch
  | 	  from Carsten Haese appreciated
  |
  | 2002-12-20  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* dbl1en.dsl: fix up some case-folding incidents
  |
  | 2002-08-07  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* Makefile: dbl1he.ent doesn't exist, was breaking build

Changes to dsssl/docsrc/*

  | 2003-01-04  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* docbook.sgm: setting some IDs
  |
  | 2002-12-22  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* doc.dsl: roll back rev 1.2, it was a mistake
  |
  | 2002-12-20  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* doc.dsl: use relative references for the print and html
  | 	  stylesheets, so you don't have to have the dsssl catalogs in
  | 	  place in order to build
  |
  | 2002-12-16  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* common-version.sgm, common.sgm, html-version.sgm, html.sgm,
  | 	  lib-version.sgm, lib.sgm, print-version.sgm, print.sgm:
  | 	  references to ChangeLog should be relative
  |
  | 2002-11-27  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* otherdoc.sgm: fix location of the DocBook FAQ

Changes to dsssl/html/*

> [...]
  |
  | 	* dbtable.dsl: Improve table rendering using frame and border
  | 	  attributes on HTML tables, conditional on HTML4 support
  | 	  being on. The following cases in table.006.xml are now
  | 	  fixed: outer edit (table frame but no rowsep nor colseps);
  | 	  rows (frame is topbot, rowsep but no colsep); columns; tic
  | 	  tac toc (no frame, colsep and rowsep). Note we still have no
  | 	  way (yet) to override colsep/rowsep in either colspec or in
  | 	  the individual rows, but I'm working on colspec -> colgroup.
  |
  | 2003-02-07  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl: move the anchor closer to the content in
  | 	  informal-objects; no way to get around empty A element in
  | 	  this case
  |
  | 	* dbsect.dsl, dbttlpg.dsl: "<a></a>title" changes to
  | 	  "<a>title</a>" -- weblint says we should avoid empty A
  | 	  elements
  |
  | 	* dbtable.dsl: fix a div-by-zero error identified in
  | 	  informaltable.015.xml; would cause loss of a table header
  | 	  column in some cases
  |
  | 2003-01-21  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl: formal and informal objects reset the
  | 	  processing mode, this closes Debian#79432f; so
  | 	  <bookinfo><productname> is still in special mode, but
  | 	  <bookinfo><legalnotice><productname> is not; test is
  | 	  legalnotice.001.xml
  |
  | 2003-01-20  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* dbgraph.dsl: correct this error: html/dbgraph.dsl:68:1:E:
  | 	  1st argument for primitive "append" of wrong type:
  | 	  "#<unknown object 146207544>" not a list, fix and report
  | 	  from Christopher B. Browne
  |
  | 2003-01-15  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* dbadmon.dsl, dbautoc.dsl, dbbibl.dsl, dbblock.dsl,
  | 	  dbcallou.dsl, dbcompon.dsl, dbdivis.dsl, dbefsyn.dsl,
  | 	  dbfootn.dsl, dbgloss.dsl, dbgraph.dsl, dbhtml.dsl,
  | 	  dbindex.dsl, dbinfo.dsl, dbinline.dsl, dblink.dsl,
  | 	  dblists.dsl, dblot.dsl, dbmath.dsl, dbmsgset.dsl,
  | 	  dbprocdr.dsl, dbrfntry.dsl, dbsect.dsl, dbsynop.dsl,
  | 	  dbtable.dsl, dbtitle.dsl, dbttlpg.dsl, dbverb.dsl,
  | 	  docbook.dsl: update docbook URL to
  | 	  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/projects/dsssl/; N.B.: credit
  | 	  for the group option and repeating goes to John Daily
  |
  | 	* dblink.dsl: xref to varlistentry using the term, patch from
  | 	  Jens Emmerich; closes bug 520561
  |
  | 	* dbsynop.dsl: Patch #562401 <group choice="opt"
  | 	  rep="repeat">, elipsis should be outside of group, reference
  | 	  test cmdsynopsis.003
  |
  | 2003-01-14  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl: define a $remark$ function, unifying comment
  | 	  and remark element rendering; remarks within paras are now
  | 	  rendering using a span rather than p so they mark up as
  | 	  inline text decoration
  |
  | 2002-12-16  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl, dbparam.dsl: %epigraph-start-col% and
  | 	  %epigraph-content-col% allows customization of epigraph
  | 	  positioning; %blockquote-start-col% and %blockquote-end-col%
  | 	  parameters allows customization of the whitespace around

Changes to dsssl/print/*

  | 2003-02-17  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl, dbtitle.dsl: More cases where
  | 	  process-children-trim should be used.
  |
  | 	* dbcompon.dsl: Add some comments in the ARTICLE element.
  |
  | 	* dblists.dsl: In process-listitem-content replace
  | 	  (process-node-list (children (current-node))) with
  | 	  (process-children-trim) -- we need to be trimming
  | 	  whitespace. Some retabbing.
  |
  | 	* dbprint.dsl: $paragraph$ should use (process-children-trim);
  | 	  this fixes a space indent in RTF output on all PARAs marked
  | 	  up like: <para> Content ...
  |
  | 	* dbtable.dsl: Remove the %cals-cell-before-column-margin%
  | 	  hack for TeX backend, it's not needed anymore.
  |
  | 2003-02-13  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl: element footnote/para uses default-text-style;
  | 	  set lines: wrap for the case of endnotes within verbatim
  | 	  'asis' environments, but it doesn't seem to actually help
  | 	  (cf test programlisting.004)
  |
  | 2003-02-07  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* dbttlpg.dsl: some space over copyright; fixes Bug #542681
  |
  | 2003-01-21  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* dbparam.dsl: correct discussion of possible settings for
  | 	  %paper-type% and %visual-acuity%
  |
  | 2003-01-15  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* dbadmon.dsl, dbautoc.dsl, dbblock.dsl, dbcallou.dsl,
  | 	  dbdivis.dsl, dbefsyn.dsl, dbgloss.dsl, dbgraph.dsl,
  | 	  dbindex.dsl, dbinfo.dsl, dbinline.dsl, dblink.dsl,
  | 	  dblists.dsl, dblot.dsl, dbmath.dsl, dbmsgset.dsl,
  | 	  dbprint.dsl, dbprocdr.dsl, dbrfntry.dsl, dbsect.dsl,
  | 	  dbsynop.dsl, dbtable.dsl, dbtitle.dsl, dbverb.dsl,
  | 	  docbook.dsl, notoc.dsl, plain.dsl: update docbook URL to
  | 	  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/projects/dsssl/; N.B.: credit
  | 	  for the group option and repeating goes to John Daily
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl, dbparam.dsl: parameters for
  | 	  %formal-object-title-font-weight% %table-title-font-weight%,
  | 	  reviewed and tested, sourceforge patch #599366
  |
  | 	* dblink.dsl: xref to varlistentry using the term, patch from
  | 	  Jens Emmerich; closes bug 520561
  |
  | 	* dbsect.dsl: make <section> appear correctly in the PDF
  | 	  bookmark hierarchy; also fix font size selection for section
  | 	  titles corrects sourceforge bugs 589247 and 524028; patch
  | 	  from Carsten Haese appreciated
  |
  | 	* dbsynop.dsl: Patch #562401 <group choice="opt"
  | 	  rep="repeat">, elipsis should be outside of group, reference
  | 	  test cmdsynopsis.003
  |
  | 2002-12-16  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl, dbparam.dsl: %epigraph-start-indent% and
  | 	  %epigraph-end-indent% parameters allows customization of
  | 	  epigraph positioning; %blockquote-start-indent% and
  | 	  %blockquote-end-indent% parameters allows customization
  | 	  control of the blockquote positioning
  |
  | 2002-08-08  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* Makefile: clean rule

Changes to dsssl/debian/*

> [...]
  |
  | 2003-02-06  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* changelog, postinst.m4: fix a nasty bug setting variables to
  | 	  other variables in siteconfig.dsl
  |
  | 2003-02-04  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* changelog, config, templates: also make make the following
  | 	  debconf questions low priority: use-id-as-filename,
  | 	  body-start-indent, title-font family; change some
  | 	  multiselects into select; closes: #179554
  |
  | 2003-01-23  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* changelog: changes so far
  |
  | 	* changelog, rules:
  | 	  /usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/dsssl/modular/README
  | 	  symlink to README in the docs; closes: Debian#149880
  |
  | 	* config: allow priorities to be specified; priority for
  | 	  html-ext set to low, closes: Debian#178003
  |
  | 	* postinst.m4: fix a quoting problem, seems to affect
  | 	  multi-word values, though I don't know what people are doing
  | 	  with multi-word values; closes: Debian#178020
  |
  | 2003-01-22  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* changelog, postinst.m4, rules: more minor bugfixes here;
  | 	  finalizing for Debian release
  |
  | 2003-01-21  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* .cvsignore, changelog, config, control, html-siteconfig.dsl,
  | 	  postinst.m4, print-siteconfig.dsl, rules, templates: stop
  | 	  providing obsolete docbook-stylesheets; build doesn't
  | 	  require m4 anymore, use Perl; debconf'iscate some common
  | 	  settings; debconf will ask to set papersize automatically
  | 	  using LC_PAPER, closes: Debian#51992; define local
  | 	  configuration files where debconf and user configuration
  | 	  goes, /etc/sgml/docbook-dsssl/{print,html}/siteconfig.dsl
  |
  | 	* changelog, postinst.m4, rules: cleaning up some bugs I
  | 	  introduced in today's changes
  |
  | 	* changelog, postrm, prerm: proper purge handling now
  |
  | 	* freebsd.dsl: update to rev 1.68
  |
  | 	* html-docbook-hacker.sed, print-docbook-hacker.sed, rules:
  | 	  since we use siteconfig.dsl in Debian pkgs now, we have to
  | 	  hack the two docbook.dsl files we ship to include that as an
  | 	  external stylesheet (but obviously I don't want to touch the
  | 	  official ones)
  |
  | 	* postinst: cosmetic
  |
  | 	* postinst: remove this file which isn't supposed to be in CVS
  |
  | 	* postinst, postinst: turn off verboseness, cosmetics
  |
  | 	* postinst.m4: remove /etc/sgml/M4package.cat cruft
  |
  | 	* postinst.m4: argh, lets try turning off the verboseness
  | 	  again
  |
  | 2003-01-20  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* control: update the pkg description
  |
  | 	* control: Policy compliance updated to 3.5.8, no changes
  | 	  needed
  |
  | 2002-12-29  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* README.debian: Updates
  |
  | 2002-12-16  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* .cvsignore: New file.
  |
  | 2002-11-27  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* changelog, control: remove build depends on the following:
  | 	  libdelimmatch-perl, sun-resolver, lib-saxon-java,
  | 	  libxerces-java, imagemagick, tetex-bin, gs, gsfonts, jade |
  | 	  openjade These pkgs are only for building from CVS, not the
  | 	  source distribution; closes: #156153
  |
  | 2002-11-26  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* changelog: historical change on 1.77, matching up with what
  | 	  is in Debian
  |
  | 2002-08-08  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* changelog: 1.77-1
  |
  | 	* rules: 'clean' shouldn't clean files which are distributed
  | 	  with docbook-dsssl -- maybe we need to distinguish between
  | 	  clean rules and maintainer-clean; remove an old test target
  |
  | 2002-08-07  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* changelog: new upstream version for 1.77

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

- --
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The last act is bloody, however
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | fine the rest of the play. They
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | throw earth over your head and it

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 12:52:58PM +0100, Steinar Bang wrote:
> In addition there is the file
> 	/etc/xml/catalog
> which works for the DTDs, but doesn't have a <rewriteURI> for the
> DocBook XSL style sheets (at least not for my RPM of 1.60.1).

  Strange, depend on the stylesheet URL you're using, which one ?

Daniel

Setting border-before-width.conditionality="retain" works for me.