Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Crying the blues.. Not a decent uptodate document anywhere

On Saturday 20 May 2000, at 19 h 56, the keyboard of Michael Peddemors
<michael@wizard.ca> wrote:

> Sheesh!! Can't believe that this
> is going to be a standard with the state of docs and links and old
> references.

Welcome to hell, kid.

> And never got any replies back from my whines to the normal
> bug reporting channels.

Sensible questions typically attract more replies than whines.

> So, I know I need smgltools (of some sort, which one noone mentions, the
> outdated one, or the lite version) and docbook (Whiich version.. hmmm)
> None of these come with any docs either of what to do with the
> respective distros.

It depends on your operating system. Debian and, apparently, Suse, Redhat,
FreeBSD and even NT come with good intros to the DocBook tools.

Since you didn't even mention the operating system you use, it's hard to say more.