Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Must %section-autolabel% start at 1?

Hello Bob,

Bob Bernstein wrote:
> I'm writing an 'article' with DocBook3.1 and have %generate-article-toc% and
> %section-autolabel% defined true in my stylesheet driver file. Is it
> possible to start the section numbering at something other than 1 ?

I just had the same problem. After wasting a few hours with searching in
the stylesheets (thought there would be a variable for the start value),
I realized that there is a quick fix using the label attribute. At least
this was a solution for me, because I just wanted my one and only
chapter in my book having the number 10 (reason? Well, I was the only
student at university insisting on writing his seminar with DocBook.
Finally all the seminars should have their own chapter number to collect
them together and print them as a whole).
See the TDG for the label attribute in elements chapter, sect? and
possibly others:
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/documentation/reference/html/chapter.html#AEN22373

Bye,
Steffen Maier.