Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Spacing problems within table cells

I'm building PDF documents using jade/jadetex/pdftex to transform
my docbook document sources and I observe the following
spacing/indentation problems within tables:

1) The indent defined by %cals-cell-before-colum-margin% seems to be
   only applied to the FIRST line of each paragraph within a table cell.
   All the subsequent (automatically wrapped around) lines don't get
   that indent.

2) If there are multiple paragraphs within the same table cell, the
   first paragraph seems to be handled differently than the others:

   - There is no vertical spacing between the first and the second
     paragraph.

   - While the wrapped around lines (see 1) ) in the first paragraph
     don't get any indentation at all, there seems to be at least a
     very small indent for these lines within the second and subsequent
     paragraphs.

I already know, that since version 1.52 of the dsssl modular stylesheets,
there is a "workaround" in dbtable.dsl, which sets the parameter
%cals-cell-before-column-margin% to 0pt if the tex backend is used.

With this, no line within table cells gets any indentation at all, but
they have at least the same left boundary. But it just doesn't look
nice, if all the text within a table starts right at the lines building
the frame of the table. I really would like to get this fixed somehow.

Does anybody else see these problems also, or is this just with my
setup here?

If anybody is willing to investigate these problems, I would be glad
to supply markup/tex output/pdf file to show and reproduce these
problems.

I've observed these problems on two different plattforms (Solaris 2.6
and FreeBSD 3.x/4.0) using the following software versions:
  DocBook V3.0
  DSSSL modular stylesheets V1.44 and V1.52
  Jade V1.2.1
  Jadetex V2.9 and V2.18
  pdftex 3.14159-13d
  teTeX V1.0.6/V1.0.7

Thanks a lot
   Karlheinz

--
Karlheinz Eckmeier                                 ConSol* Software GmbH
Karlheinz.Eckmeier@consol.de	   Franziskanerstr. 38, D-81669 Muenchen