Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Images & PDF output

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 04:52:35PM +0100, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Martin Perina writes:
>  > I use PNG images for HTML output, EPS images for PS output. But
>  > what type of image format should I use for PDF output with
>  > pdfjadetex?
>
> PDF format is best, actually, but PNG is second choice

Speaking of which, has anyone got any insights on what are the best
vector and raster formats to use?

I'm kicking this around for the FreeBSD Documentation Project at the
moment.  Because we're a free software project we need to use freely
available software, so that rules out any commercial offerings.

We've pretty much settled on using PNG for the raster format (none of
the licensing issues that GIF has), and SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics)
for the vector format.

Anyone got any opinions pro/anti- these?