Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: DOCBOOK: auto-indent tool, it worksd with tidy

> From: madhu <b_maddy_016@yahoo.com>
> >
> it is possible to do it with Tidy ;-)
> the trick is to make tidy think that it is a xml document
> so do this to your document, just add <xml> at the begining and </xml> at the
> end and you need not rename it to .xml or any such thing . and use this command
> with tidy:
>
> tidy -i -m -xml *.sgm or .sgml

When I run tidy -xml on Docbook XML files, I find it
also wraps the lines in <literallayout> and
<programlisting> elements, a
big disaster.  Does that happen to you?
I'm using tidy version 30april2000.

I tried using a tidy configuration file (as described in
the documentation) that establishes the "new-pre-tags:"
option to prevent wrapping in those elements, but it does
not seem to make any difference.  Also, tidy does not seem
to respect the no-indent option for XML files, and always
indents nested elements.  Nor does it respect other options
in the config file that work with HTML files.

I certainly would be very careful about using the -m
option, which overwrites your original file, unless you
have it under source control and can recover.

bobs
The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.              fax:   (831) 429-1887
                                            email: bobs@sco.com