Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: fmt-file for pdftex/pdflatex/jadetex:how?

I work with the win32 port of LaTeX, but perhaps it can help:

My "reformat" batch file reads:
------------------------------------
ECHO Create the format files
tex jadetex.ins
initex "&latex" jadetex.ini
inipdftex "&pdflatex" pdfjadetex.ini

ECHO Distribute remaining files
copy jadetex.fmt \texmf\miktex\fmt\jadetex.fmt
copy pdfjadetex.fmt \texmf\miktex\fmt\pdfjadetex.fmt

copy isoents.tex ..\tex\latex\base
copy dsssl.def ..\tex\latex\base

ECHO Update the filename database again
REM Use this for MiKTeX < 1.20: ..\miktex\config\configure --update-fndb --verbose
\texmf\miktex\bin\initexmf.exe --verbose --update-fndb
------------------------------------

Hope this help.

Regards,

Inge Juvkam wrote:

> Hello nice people..
> The subject says it all, but i enjoy typing.
> -
>
> This in the twilight zone of docbook-apps, perhaps, still..
> I would like to have appropriate hyphen-patterns (for my norwegian documents..) As far as my knowledge goes i can generate this with initex (latex) but it seems the output from jade (and the dbtools, obviously) is not affected by the latex.fmt.., which seems reasonable enough.. but?
> I also know that the pdf*tex man-page mentions the pdftex -ini (pdfinitex).
> Which files am i supposed to generate the formatting from in the three above?
> (-There are no pdftex.ltx/pdflatex.ltx files..) And when i do initex ... /dump with the jadetex.ltx it doesn't happen much..
> Needless to say the norwegian docs with the american way of splitting words doesn't look too good.
> -
> can anyone help me, please?
>
> inge
> --