Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: DOCBOOK: More problems with DocBook and Spanish.

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Juan R. Migoya wrote:

> Kevin Conder wrote:
>
> >         I tried Camille's new Mandrake JadeTex RPM on my RH system.  While
> > it didn't give me any more "babel" errors, it still didn't work properly.
> > It messed up section numbers so instead of "3.4.1. Registrando Defectos",
> > it gave be "341Registrando Defectos".  I recompiled jadetex from scratch
> > and that worked.  Thanks, Camille, for your help.
>
> This is just a bug in one of the dsl files of the docbook style-sheet. I can't
> remember now
> where is it, but search fot the titles docs and modify the "literal" used
> there.

	Thanks for replying but that's already working for me.

> >         Now I'm getting latex errors.  I am trying to use the "ntilde"
> > character.  I get the following error:
> >
> > ! LaTeX Error: Command \texttilde unavailable in encoding T1.

	This is where it really hurts...

	Have you run across this error before?  Do you I use the ntilde
(~n) character?  What solution is there?  Is it because the normal T1
encoded fonts don't contain the ntilde character?  Could you help me with
this?

	I've tried reading the LaTeX documentation.  If LaTeX is supposed
to be easier than Tex, then TeX must be impossible to use.  I've seen some
mention of using either the 'ae' or 'ze' Tex package as an alternative for
missing T1 fonts.  Has anyone sucessfully printed a ntilde character in
Spanish language documentation?  Did you have to use the 'ae' package?

-- Kevin Conder, kevin@kevindumpscore.com (my email)
-- http://cluster.interaccess.com/~kconder (my homepage)