Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: fmt-file the sequel (a bit LONG)

If yo have in your tex distribution a binari called "inipdftex"
try replacing the last line
( pdftex -ini "&pdflatex" -progname=pdfjadetex pdfjadetex.ini )
by:

	inipdftex "&pdflatex" pdfjadetex.ini

Have you tried removing "-progname=pdfjadetex"?  I had the same
problem long, long time ago, but I can't remember how I solved it.
I work with MikTex, the TeX port for win32, and what I have for sure is
that it uses:

tex jadetex.ins
initex "&latex" jadetex.ini
inipdftex "&pdflatex" pdfjadetex.ini

to build the formats files, and its works well.

Regards,

Inge Juvkam wrote:

> ........I am stymied.
> (what does that mean, by the way, -it's a nice word)
>
> At least that is the error i get presented when i say "make install".
> And TeX isn't aware of the norwegian still..
> LaTeX is.. -Perhaps TeX is really the lazy one??
>
> Did alter .ltx and .dtx-files all over the place (almost).
>
> Anyway: I can't generate these .fmt's. (except latex/ -and now hugelatex)
> i have followed the "recipe" included in the docs of jadetex.. (install.pdf) and can't figure it out (at least not at this hour).
> Have included the output from it.
> (sorry)
>
> any hope left for me..?
>

> inge