Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Future of jadetex (Was: First OpenSourceDocumentation Summit at the O'Reilly Open Source Convention

/ Camille Bégnis <camille@mandrakesoft.com> was heard to say:
| Sebastian Rahtz a écrit :
| >
| >  > 1) currently, DocBook -> professional print is not convenient
| >
| > "convenient" is a vague word. clearly, many many people do
| > professional work with DocBook, from O'Reilly downwards.
|
| From what I heard O'Reilly uses non-free tools. Which one BTW?

O'Reilly uses a mixture of free and non-free tools for SGML
publishing.  Many books have been published with a toolchain that I
helped write when I worked there. It's basically a SGML->groff
script. However, TDG was published with a SGML->MIF DSSSL script and
final composition was done in Frame.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--