Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Creating Different Output Formats Using DocBook V4.1 XML

Gregory Leblanc <GLeblanc@cu-portland.edu> writes:

> Not to mention that all but 1 info reader that I've used so far is
> just about IMPOSSIBLE for a *nix newbie to use.

FUD -- Try tkinfo.  Or tell your users how to use Emacs (yes, I've done
this and it works); why do you thing Emacs' Info isn't userfriendly?
All clickable things are highlighted, though.  Conclusio: some prefer
HTML, others Info -- provide both.

The Emacs Info reader lacks graphics support (to be solved with version
21.1?).  Nevertheless it's useful.

> The exception is the GNOME Help Browser, and that uses an info to HTML
> converter to do everything.  :-)

There's more than just the GNOME Help Browser knowing about this
"trick".

> Searchable across pages is a nice feature, but I've got no idea how to
> do that.

Without external support, this simply doesn't work for HTML pages.
Using Info (stand alone or within Emacs) hit `sREGEX RET' and watch the
screen...

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |          ------    ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |         ------   _-\_<,