Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: M$word and docbook/xml

Hi,
i have finally saved it as .txt and have finished about 100 pages ;-) but since
the  thread was taking on some interesting proportions ;
here's my $0.2 worth
a) i agree with bob on one count it is easier to paste from pdf for tables list
etc
b) i used staroffice (windows) which had three options save it as .txt or
ms-dos txt or unix text i chooose the safest route of txt since i work both in
windows and linux also my java editor ( wonders of wonders works better on
linux)  which has some nifty tree view and automatic refresh as i type in my
tags etc.
c) sebastian though had suggested as alternative to majjix but that dam'n thing
always gave java out of memory error and i didn't want to go back to disturb
mucho busy man , our own sebastian .
d) with the word document saved as text i have only one problem that all the
" ' " i.e. single qoutes or rather apostrophe get saved in probably a binary
format since it shows up as as tiny square (outline) . i used find and replace
function of my editor to get rid of it.

thank you all very much for this thread

regards

maddy