Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Getting Rid of Character Entities in DocBook XML Docs

Hi!

I got a DocBook SGML V 4.1 document converted to DocBook XML V 4.1
beta 1 using "osx" in the following manner:

osx -x lower <doc>.sgml > <doc>.xml

and I received several warning of the form

osx:<doc>.sgml:307:15:W: reference to internal SDATA entity "nbsp" not
allowed in XML
osx:<doc>.sgml:557:12:W: reference to internal SDATA entity "mdash" not
allowed in XML
osx:<doc>.sgml:569:28:W: reference to internal SDATA entity "rarr" not
allowed in XML

I'm aware of the fact that these character entities are not allowed in
XML, but I don't know what to do about it, so here's my question:

How can I properly convert character entities of the form "&nbsp;",
etc. to XML? Can "osx" (or some other tool) handle this automatically?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Greetings,

	Holger