Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Installing on RedHat Linux (Was: Jade/DSSSL vs.DocBook XML V4.1.2)

Hi!

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Colin Paul Adams wrote:

>    pdfxmltex top.fo
>
>   The latter line requires that you install passivetex. An alternative
>   is fop (neither work for me at present).

What is the correct way to install passivetex? I tried installing it once
and after unpacking it I found no README file/manual telling me what to
do?

>   7) Next, if you are going produce printed output, you
>      will need to install jadetex. Get it from [...]

Is jadetex yet ready to produce "good looking" tables? (By "good
looking" I mean that "align" and "valign" attributes are taken into
consideration and handled properly).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot for such a detailed description! It is valuable not only for
users of RedHat Linux, but for anyone interested in installing DocBook on
his machine.

Greetings,

	Holger