Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: inline elements in tables in TeX

(I originally posted this question at the end of August and did not
see any replies.  I'm posting it again in hopes that someone will have
had a revelation in the last month, as I certainly haven't. :-)

All --

Using DocBook (SGML) with the print version of the DSSSL stylesheets
and generating TeX output seems to be having problems turning off inline
elements in tables.  For example, in a table I have:

	 new user accounts.</entry>

If I generate TeX, and convert that to PostScript, the PostScript file
looks as if I had written:

	 <entry>Use the <command>adduser program to create
	 new user accounts.</command></entry>

If I generate RTF, the RTF file, as viewed in Word, looks like as I
expect, with only "adduser" in a different font or weight.  This seems to
be happening with several elements, including command, replaceable,
and filename.

If I use the same elements, but as a part of a paragraph instead of an
entry, the elements are rendered as you would expect in PostScript (via
TeX) and RTF.

The tools:

	DocBook SGML 4.1 / DSSSL 1.54 / Jade 1.2.1 /
	TeX (Web2C 7.3.1) 3.14159 / BSD/OS 4.1

I have a sample file that reproduces the problem with the stock DTD
and stylesheets.

Suggestions gratefully appreciated.
Debbie
--
Deborah Greenberg Lidl                       Toll free: 1.888.849.BSDi
dgl@bsdi.com                    BSDi             Phone: 1.301.765.7945