Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Another website.dtd experience!

/ madhu <bmadi_1@yahoo.com> was heard to say:
| On Thu, 09 Nov 2000, Norman Walsh wrote:
| > But note that xt does. Use xtchunk.xsl for XT. (XT doesn't implement
| > element-available and barfs on it during the stylesheet parse so there's
| > no way to merge the two together. I'm starting to lose interest in
| > continued support of XT.)
|
| how sad ;-( , only xt seems to work properly with your stylesheets
| till today.

With a little digging, I discovered that the culprit is a redundant
template in chunk-common.xsl:

<xsl:template match="/set|/book|/part|/preface|/chapter|/appendix
                     |/article|/reference|/refentry|/sect1|/section
                     |/glossary|/bibliography|/colophon
                     |/setindex|/index"
              priority="2">
  <xsl:call-template name="process-chunk-element">
    <xsl:with-param name="root" select="'1'"/>
  </xsl:call-template>
</xsl:template>

If you delete that template, everything works with XT (and Saxon and
Xalan).

I think this is an XT bug, but nevermind, the process-chunk-element
template is perfectly capable of determining whether or not it's
processing the root. In fact, it doesn't even take the root parameter
anymore.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--