Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Fwd: RE: saxon and entity resolver

Hello DaveP

this might be some help to you!

regards

maddy

Subject: RE: saxon and entity resolver
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:07:34 -0000
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@icl.com>

SAXON XSL Discussion List - http://users.iclway.co.uk/mhkay/saxon/

> i assume saxon has some sort of entity(URL) resolver i.e. if
> i have used an
> external entity say for example a DTD i will use something like this:
> using PUBLIC (an web address)
> or
> SYSTEM (path on my sytem)
> saxon resolves this using its internal mechanism.

For references resolved by the XML parser (e.g. the reference to the DTD)
you can use a SAX2 EntityResolver. You can only do this if you are using the
Java API: create a parser, nominate the chosen EntityResolver to the parser,
and then nominate the parser to Saxon. I don't know if there are
"off-the-shelf" SAX2 EntityResolvers that perform the function you are
looking for.

For references resolved by the XSLT processor (URIs used in the document()
function and in xsl:import and xsl:include) you can nominate a URIResolver
to Saxon directly. You can do this either from the Java API or from the
command line. It's very unlikely you'll find an off-the-shelf one, as the
interface is not (yet) standard.

Mike Kay